VIP Doctor 247 is committed to respecting the privacy of every personal who shares information or data with us. Your privacy protection is important to us and we strive to take due care and protection of the information, we receive from you, the User. In this regard, we adhere to the various local governing laws including, Applicable articles of General Data Protection Regulation, EU.
The terms ‘You’ or ‘Your’ refer to you as the User (registered or unregistered) of the Website and/or Services and the terms ‘We’, ‘Us”, ‘Our’, “VIP Doctor” refer to VIP doctor 247.
We collect Your Personal Information directly from You, from third-parties and automatically through the Our Website. This Personal Information, for instance, would relate to the type of device you are using, the time that you have logged on to Our Website, Your IP address and other Personal Information as listed in Clause 5 below.
You may access the Personal Information shared by You with Us, in the manner given below. You can further choose to share additional Personal Information with Us and you can modify your personal data, by writing to Us on Our below mentioned email id.
We keep in mind that the Personal Information shared by You is accessible to You. You can write to Us at the email id specified in Clause 18.
We will share personal information outside of VIP DOCTOR 247 only when we have your consent. We will ask for your explicit consent to share any sensitive personal information.
3.CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any point, provided such withdrawal of the consent is intimated to us in writing through an email at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the same. If You wish to rectify the Personal Information that we may have collected to offer You personalized services and offers, as per Clause 12 of this Policy, you may write to the Grievance Officer, as mentioned under Clause 15.1 of this Policy, citing the reason for such rectification of Personal Information.
Once You withdraw Your Consent to share the Personal Information collected by Us, We shall have the option not to fulfil the purposes for which the said Personal Information was sought and We may restrict you from using our Services or the Website.
5.PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The kinds of information that We collect about You include but are not limited to the following:
- Patient/Caregiver/Doctor/Health Care Professional Name,
- Birth date/age,
- Address (including country and pin/postal code),
- Phone number/mobile number,
- Email address,
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition, provided by You and/or your Health Care Professional,
- Personal medical records and history,
- Valid financial information at time of purchase of product/service and/or online payment,
- Login ID and password,
- User details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter,
- Records of interaction with VIP DOCTOR 247 representatives,
- Your usage details such as time, frequency, duration and pattern of use, features used and the amount of storage used,
- Master and transaction data and other data stored in Your user account,
- Any other information that is willingly shared by You (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”).
- Biometrics data
- Genetic Data
- Transgender Status
- Intersex Status
- Caste or Tribe
- Religious or political belief or affiliation
- Sexual orientation
6.HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The methods by which we collect your Personal Information include but are not limited to the following:
- When You fill the patient registration form,
- When You provide details to a VIP DOCTOR 247 Health Care Professional or VIP DOCTOR 247 representative,
- Name of data Controller listed under VIP Doctor: Ms. Emily Jantjies, & Sinan Mostafa.
- When You register on Our Website,
- When You provide Your Personal Information to Us during course of receiving services,
- When You use the features on Our Website,
- When you provide access to any other website.
- Recipients of your personal data – “category of Recipients”: Call centre agents, Clinic Nurses (all clinic receptionists are registered nurses), Physicians and paramedics.
7.USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be used or processed for various purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To provide effective Services
- To operate and improve the Website and/or our Services;
- To perform studies, research and analysis for improving Our information, analysis, services and technologies; and ensuring that the content displayed are customized to Your interests and preferences;
- To contact You via phone, SMS, WhatsApp or email for appointments, technical issues, payment reminders, deals and offers and other announcements;
- To send promotional mailings from Us or any of Our channel partners via SMS, WhatsApp, email;
- To advertise products and services of VIP DOCTOR 247 and third parties;
- To transfer information about You if we are acquired by or merged with another company;
- To share with our business partners for provision of specific services you have ordered so as to enable them to provide effective services to You;
- To administer or otherwise carry out Our obligations in relation to any agreement You have with us;
- To build your profile on the Website;
- To aggregate Personal Information for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and to sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates, (referred to as “Purpose(s)”)
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary to protect your vital interests and is a business contractual obligation
8.SHARING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Once you have freely consented to share your Personal Information with us, You authorize us to exchange, transfer, share, part with all or any of Your Personal Information, across borders and from Your country to any other countries across the world with the Cloud Service Provider and Our affiliates / agents / third party service providers / partners / banks and financial institutions or any other persons, for the Purposes specified under this Policy or as may be required by applicable law.
- We may store temporary or permanent ‘cookies’ on your computer. You can erase or choose to block these cookies from your computer. You can configure your computer’s browser to alert you when we attempt to send you a cookie with an option to accept or refuse the cookie. If you have turned cookies off, you may be prevented from using certain features of the Website. In the course of displaying advertisements regarding its services or optimizing services to its Users, VIP DOCTOR 247 may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the User’s browser/device. VIP DOCTOR 247 does not store personally identifiable information in the cookies. Further, VIP DOCTOR 247 does not exercise control over the sites displayed as search results or links from within its Services. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on Your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from You, for which VIP DOCTOR 247 is not responsible or liable. VIP DOCTOR 247 encourages You to read the privacy policies of all external sites.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures including role-based access and need to know basis, password protection, encryption etc. to ensure that the Personal Information collected is secure. We restrict access to your Personal Information to Our and Our affiliates’ employees, agents, third party service providers, partners, and agencies on a need to know basis and in relation to the Purposes as specified above in this Policy.
- While We will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any information which We hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, you acknowledge that the internet is not 100% secure and that We cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of Your Personal Information. We will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information caused by Us in relation to your Personal Information.
11.THIRD PARTY REFERENCES AND LINKS,
- Do-not-track requests There is no standard for how online service should respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that may allow you to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and online services. Therefore, we do not honour “Do Not Track” signals. As standards develop, we will revisit this issue and update this notice if our practices change.
12.RECTIFICATION/CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If You need to update or change your Personal Information, you may send updates to us at email@example.com we will take all reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes within a reasonable period.
13.COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
- Medical Records Retention \ Destruction
VIP Doctor keeps medical records of all patients in accord with UAE Health authorities guidelines and policies:
*Health Records for U.A.E Nationals are kept for up to 10 (ten) years from date of first visit.
*Health Records for expatriates and Tourists are kept for up to 5 (Five) years from date of first visit.
*Health Records for Medico-legal cases are kept for up to 20 (twenty) years from date of first visit.
*Files of deceased patients are kept up to 5 (Five) years.
Destruction of Health Records:
*Health records that are for destruction; subject data will be informed in phone call and email one month prior to destruction .
*VIP Doctor Solicitor “lawyer or legal representative” is always consulted before destruction of medical records.
*In order to ensure the patient's right of confidentiality, health records should be destroyed
or disposed of by shredding, incineration, electronic deletion, or another equally effective
15.Bill of Patients’ Rights & Responsibilities
You and Your family have the following rights:
- Receive a written copy of the Patient and Family bill of Rights from Clinic reception, registration office. If, for any reason, you don’t understand them, please contact our Toll free No: 800 847 362867; or write to Emily Jantjies, or Sinan Mostafa or Sean Easton or Serghei Chirgan; through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive impartial care respecting your personal values and beliefs from all staff without discrimination, according to DHA rules and regulations.
- Receive comprehensive medical care aiming at reaching proper medical diagnosis and treatment of your illness and/or injury.
- Know the identity (name & specialty) of the physician responsible for your care.
- Receive from the health care team in a simple understandable manner comprehensive information about your diagnosis, proposed treatment, any changes in your health status and causes of such changes, alternative treatment, probabilities of treatment success or failure, therapy advantages and disadvantages (if any), possible problems related to treatment and expected results of ignoring the treatment.
- Have an interpreter (upon availability) if the language presents a barrier to understanding details of your comprehensive medical care.
- Under GDPR you have the right to find out what information about you is held on computer and in manual records. This is known as ‘subject access rights’ (SARs).
- You have the right to have a person of one’s own sex present during certain parts of a physical examination, treatment or procedure performed by a health professional of the opposite sex and the right not to remain disrobed any longer than is required for accomplishing the medical purpose for which disrobing was needed.
- Participate in your care decision-making. DHA encourage patients, parents, or legal guardians, to the extent they wish, to participate in planning and implementing the treatment with nurses and physicians.
- Obtain a medical report and a copy of medical test results from the medical records section (upon your request), for which the clinic will charge according to DHA rules and regulations.
- Enjoy privacy while carrying out all examinations, procedures, and treatment at any of VIP Doctor Clinics and confidentiality of all your information.
- Choose the treating doctor (depends on availability), in addition to reject him/her upon furnishing a genuine reason.
- Refuse the treatment (if wish so). Thus, the treatment doctor must inform you of the medical consequences of your refusal. Accordingly, you shall sign a disclaimer form prepared to that effect.
- Refuse examination or access to your treatment details by any person not directly responsible for your care. For persons who are not directly involved in your treatment, must have your prior permission to attend your case discussion, examination and treatment.
- Be protected during treatment from any physical, verbal or psychological assault.
- Receive information from the treating doctor (in case you would like to donate any body organ) about donation process including advantages and disadvantages (if any).
- Have a family member or guardian as an escort depending on your health status, as per DHA rules and regulations. However; due to medical reasons, certain units do not allow this.
- Receive complete explanation of causes to be transferred to another care center (should need arise), consequent obligations (financial and administrative, if any) and alternatives. Then, the Health Center management will take all necessary arrangements to obtain the alternate medical center approval to receive the referred patient before starting the transfer process.
- Receive upon your request an itemized bill explaining all charges regardless paid by yourself or by another source.
- Complain, suggest and comment on services through Communication and Customer Relations Office (Toll Free 800 362867); or email@example.com .
- View your medical record under the supervision of the treating doctor or a medical team staff, according to DHA rules and regulations.
- VIP Doctor respects your right to appropriate assessment and management of pain through evidence based practices and provides you with all necessary information in this regard.
- In case of any new scientific research conducted by DHA pertaining to your treatment, your doctor will inform you on all related issues including potential benefits and risks, therapeutic alternatives and medical research protocol details.
- If you are asked to participate in medical research, you have the right to give a written consent or refuse. On the other hand, you have the right to end your participation at any time for any reason, noting that this will not compromise the quality of medical services provided to you.
- VIP Doctor is committed to provide homecare terminally ill and dying patients with decent and compassionate care respecting their unique needs, according to DHA rules &
Being a valued patient in VIP Doctor, you and your family have the following responsibilities:
- Respect the Health Center’s rules and regulations.
- Show consideration for others and deal with other patients and staff with respect.
- Respect the privacy and comfort of other patients Provide complete and accurate information about present complaints past illness, pervious hospitalization and treatment and any known allergy.
- Follow the treating doctor’s instructions.
- Give your written General Consent for treatment at DHA upon visit to the Health Center.
- Give your written informed consent before any minor surgery, anesthesia or any other procedures that entail your written consent (according to DHA rules and regulations); after receiving all information that you may need. This must include the procedure benefits, available alternatives and all possible risks (if any).
- Hold the responsibility for refusing or not following the treatment plan, after being informed of consequences.
- Avoid delay in taking appointment from the Medical Records section, as soon as it is requested by the doctor.
- Attend the appointment on time. If you want to cancel it, inform the Medical Records Section 48 hours in advance.
- Respect the priority given to emergency cases.
- Observe safety regulations including the no-smoking policy, maintaining the cleanliness of the place, hand hygiene, etc, Plus maintain social distancing and wearing a face mask all the time.
- Ensure that financial obligations due for VIP Doctor are fulfilled promptly (if any).
- Give requested samples and attend medical check up on time.
- Comply with UAE Health authorities and Emergency command center for isolation, quarantine and contact tracing to avoid spread of COVID 19 infection.
- Follow guidelines and advise \ recommendations of UAE Health authorities and VIP Doctor for infection control measures and limit spread of infection.
- Avoid bringing valuables personal belongings to the Health Center. The Health center will not be held responsible for damage or loss of such belongings. However, in emergency cases, you must notify nurses and give them these valuables in the presence of the Health Center’s security staff against duly signed special forms.
16.EMR- Electronic Medical Records system & Information Technology
VIP Doctor operates electronic medical software; “Vision ClinicSoft 8.0”; the system includes all medical details including personal information, treatment details, appointments and prescriptions \ sick leaves.
VIP Doctor Staff with access to this system: Physicians, Registered Nurses, Practical Nurses, Paramedics and Clinicians.
VIP Doctor also uses “Quick Books” as Accounting software; A-Z accounting, keeps Invoices for medical records and Suppliers \ contractors details.
Human Resources department is using “EFFITRAC” for Employee details and payroll management.
VIP Doctor is using Zoho Bookings, Zoho Docs, Zoho meetings and Zoho Mail.
VIP Doctor is operating PRI Phone Lines supplied by Etisalat, Yester s100 PABX device, with Firewall – Sonic wall- along with IVR & CRM Software. The current call centre system allows 100 concurrent calls.
At the Headquarter Office; VIP Doctor is covered with CCTV Surveillance; using HIK Vision 4K Cameras and NVR Devices.
The Medical Practice at VIP Doctor may conduct Medicines Management Reviews of medication prescribed to its patients; to ensure patients receive the most appropriate, up to date and cost effective treatments.
VIP Doctor Prescription is linked with DHA e Prescription online system; whereby each Doctor listed under VIP Doctor is given a username password to fill in and prescribe medicines using the online software.
Each doctor listed under VIP Doctor is also given access to Rx – Innhealth open jet – U.A.E. online system for prescription of controlled medications.
- GRIEVANCE OFFICER
- We have appointed a Grievance Officer to address any concerns or grievances that You may have regarding the processing of Your Personal Information. If you have any such grievances, please write to our Grievance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and Our officer will attempt to resolve Your issues in a timely manner.